How to Ruin Your Life

http://thoughtcatalog.com/bianca-sparacino/2014/11/how-to-ruin-your-life-without-even-noticing-that-you-are/

I haven't written or posted anything in forever.  But this is it.  This is worth posting.  I've had so many thoughts and events and time happen.  Time has happened.  It keeps happening.  And I'm trying so hard to take advantage of it.  Each day another goal added to the list.  "This time it will happen, I will follow through," I say.  But failure happens and success happens.  Life goes on, and we forget.  
We forget our passion.  And we are caught in this fast-paced, numb-feeling world.  

My favorite paragraph in this article is this:

"You ruin your life by desensitizing yourself. We are all afraid to say too much, to feel too deeply, to let people know what they mean to us. Caring is not synonymous with crazy. Expressing to someone how special they are to you will make you vulnerable. There is no denying that. However, that is nothing to be ashamed of. There is something breathtakingly beautiful in the moments of smaller magic that occur when you strip down and are honest with those who are important to you." 

Feeling and giving true love is an amazing thing.  Every time I have made myself vulnerable and said what I'm really thinking, I have not regretted it.  I put myself and all my love out there and they choose what to do with it.  Most of the time, it brings people closer together.  So even though we don't always want to, we should slow down our lives on purpose.  And take the time and live it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 of 7...sidetracked...

30 Goals