30 Goals: Dancing

As far as dancing goes, I basically have no rhythm (despite having actually taken a dance class in college), and just make things up as I go. I even used to be scared of dancing until my best friend showed me how fun and silly it can be. 

The reason behind this goal was to try and learn a more formal type of dance, such as ballroom or salsa or something. So if I can actually remember the steps for the next time I dance in public, it would go pretty well. And it may one day, but in the meantime, I am okay with learning as life goes on. Because despite being terrible at it, it is usually something that most people are also terrible at. So in reality, we all look pretty weird when we dance. The point is that no one cares! It's fun! You're moving your body to the beat, loudly singing out lyrics, and socializing with the people around you. 

This year, I have learned a portion of two different types of dance: salsa and square. 

Salsa dancing took place at Therapy Cafe in Dayton. We were out celebrating and drinking for Kate's 30th. Before we headed over though, Kate showed us a few steps of salsa with her fingers. So then we all proceeded to do finger dancing while we talked and finished up our drinks. 

Square dancing was more of a watched activity than a participatory one (though I have danced to some in the past). Pretty similar to line dancing, there is a caller, who tells you what to do. And at the time it looked more entertaining than dancing to it. But it's really easy to learn. So I'm counting it. 

In the meantime, hope we all learn to dance through life. 🎵
And the strange thing 
your life could end up changing
while your dancing
through

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 of 7...sidetracked...

30 Goals