Warming Up to April

 APRIL 1, 2021

Art (and coffee, and religion, and etc. etc.) has practices and rituals


You DO the verb first

It’s none of your business if you call yourself an artist or not. You start doing the act, and then someone will call you an artist.


“If you wait for someone to give you a job title before you do the work, you might never get the chance to do the work.” -Austin Kleon


SHARED EXPERIENCES

and friendship


“Move slow and fix things”


Austin Kleon about his books: “They come out of the urge to share. Not out of the urge to teach.”


“The great thing about dead people is they can’t refuse you as a student.”

What you need is to become a student. 


Really being yourself _ costumes you can put on that help you become more of yourself. Taking all the pieces of yourself to bring it ALL together to make something unique.

RuPaul and drag- “we’re all born naked and the rest is drag”



APRIL 12, 2021


Buzzed connections

sharing memories

sipping cocktails

and enjoying the campfire 

Bo runs around

with Robbie and Thea

Look at the night sky

full of stars 

and hope

as we talk of a shattered present

but coexist in love and happiness

of liquid friendship



APRIL 16, 2021


My thoughts about what I want to include in my art pieces as well as to come up with a conceptual foundation to grow and create original pieces.


Wanting to capture the happy parts of life, but also just appreciate people and their stories. Want to do this for me, as well as just including people who have had a huge impact in my life or have provided inspiration to me and dedicate pieces to them, and somehow dip my brush into gratitude and celebration of these incredible people and what they have survived. 


Maybe writing a poem or blog post after going through the emotions, and process or create a new story through my OWN STYLE of art!


“I have learned that beauty has to flourish in the light

Wild horses ride unbridled or else their spirit dies

You have given me the courage to be all that I can”

-Mariah Carey



APRIL 28, 2021


I really am so thankful I have art to put myself into and work through these emotions of highs and lows. It’s always there - even when, and especially when, I don’t want to commit or have the energy to really do much. My soul is happier because of it, and I am able to connect with my something larger. I’m learning to be in touch with my BODY fully and my soul. And learning to reach OUT to my community. I don’t always do well with speaking my thoughts until a particular question is asked or a topic is already brought up. So this is my way of reaching out to my people and connecting and sharing with them what they have already shared with me. I know I tend to listen, which is good! I have also learned that I just need time and use my courage/confidence to speak up more. I’m grateful for the time and space my friends have given me to express myself fully. This is just one way I am trying to share parts of myself.


So if you have made it this far reading my blog, thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 of 7...sidetracked...

30 Goals